Types of PhD Courses
Full Time PHD
- A Full-Time PhD programme is a standard Doctor of Philosophy programme. These programmes last between four and six years
- When compared to other modes of PhD degrees, the cost of a full-time Doctor of Philosophy programme is the highest
- Full-time PhD programmes are preferred by government/semi-government fellowship recipients, institute research scholars with teaching assistance, and self-financed candidates
- PhD programmes can sometimes be completed part-time. Part-Time PhDs are mostly awarded to candidates who work in reputable research organisations, academic institutes, and industries located near the campus
Part Time PHD
- Part-time PhD students must complete the same number of academic credits and other requirements as full-time students, so it takes 3.5 – 5 years to complete.
- Part-time PhD students must attend a limited number of classes.
- Part-time PhD students must have at least one year of work experience and a letter of recommendation from their employer.
- Part-time PhD programmes emphasise research for company development rather than individual research projects.